The Visual Resources Division (VRD) has investigated the possibility of
organizing a workshop on Encoded Archival Description (EAD) for the
2001 LA Conference.  Unfortunately, the costs for such a program are
too prohibitive for it to be feasible.

Instead, the VRD is soliciting speakers for a session that will showcase
EAD projects in libraries and visual resource collections. Ideally we would
like to see submission that cover the  many implications of
establishing an EAD project: cost, training, time, use. It is hoped that
information from this sessions will assist  attendees in making better
informed decisions on how this new technology will help them provide
access to their collections.

Please contact me off list with your responses.  Many thanks.

Gregory P. J. Most
Moderator, Visual Resources Division

Chief Slide Librarian
National Gallery of Art