Ray Anne and interested others,

your question caught my eye because these toys--we called them "wiggle
pictures"--were my favorites.  I found a lead on a
cracker jack prize
website  http://members.aol.com/Alphabet26/morecj.html  which gives the
following information (below).
Apparently they are technically called LENTICULARS and the technique is
called LENTICULAR TECHNOLOGY.

                                    Cracker Jack Series #19 (1980s)

                                          Set of 26 (of course)

            A is for Airplane; B is for Butterfly; C is for Clown; D is for
Duck; E is for Elephant; F is
        for Frog; G is for Goat; H is for Horse; I is for Igloo; J is for
Jack-in-the-Box; K is for
        Kangaroo; L is for Lion; M is for Monkey; N is for Nickel; O is for
Owl; P is for Panda; Q is
        for Queen; R is for Rabbit; S is for Snowman; T is for Tiger; U is
for Unicorn; V is for
        Volcano; W is for Whale; X is for Xylophone; aY is for Yacht; and Z
is for Zebra.  I just
        completed my set of alphabet tilt cards this year thanks to a
Cracker Jack friend.   Whether
        you call them "flickers," "tilters," "wiggle pictures," "groovy
movies," "tilt cards," or
        "lenticulars," everybody knows that means cool action, change, or
3-D effects on a flat printed
        surface.  Lenticular technology was used in Cracker Jack prizes
from the 1950s to Present.
            Naturally, this is my favorite set of lenticulars.  Magic
Motion is a Trademark of the
        Optigraphics Corporation.

Hope this helps.

Judy