----------------------------Original message---------------------------- To Leslie Preston, Robert Goldwater Library, Metropolitan Museum of Art: At the New York Academy of Art, I have set up a scanner for students and = faculty to use. (Our library is not open to the public=3B not counting possible = users as a result of being a member of METRO, the number of students and faculty that would use the scanner is approximately 150.) The scanner is part of a = computer station used only by faculty and students=3B the station also features = Internet access and word processing, and a Hewlett Packard 895 color printer. I charge =24.50 per color image scanned and printed to cover the cost of = replacing the color and black printer cartridges. The scanning software is very easy = to use=3B with only a few minutes of instruction, the student or faculty member= is able to scan and print their images. Students generally find the color = quality of the images not as good as a color copier, but scanning is less expensive = and easier than leaving the building and taking a book to a color copier. John Thompson New York Academy of Art Library __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner at: [log in to unmask]