------------------
Cataloging Problems Discussion Group will meet late on Sunday afternoon =
during
the ARLIS/NA annual conference next month in Pittsburgh. We will hear from =
the
MARBI and CC:DA reps and then have a general discussion period in which each
attendee will have a chance to address some issue. Among the topics =
suggested
for discussion are:

=2A LC proposal for revised art subject headings - when it happens, how do =
you
deal with the maintenance of your records?

=2A 21st century - new numbers? new subject headings? (well, here the =
revised
subject headings would really help out)

=2A LC=92s new catalog and access to authority records

=2A exhibiting a class of persons - even though SCM:SH allows =
=93--Exhibitions=94
under a class of persons or ethnic group like painters or Cherokees, does it
make sense? (cf. ARLIS-L discussion)

=2A Cataloging Advisory Committee issues:

        =2A uniform titles for buildings

        =2A attribution information in anonymous personal name headings

        =2A core record or other guidelines for exhibition catalogs

=2A NACO issues:

        =2A using resAnet to check Canadian headings

        =2A duplicate name authority records

        =2A names as subject not in phrase search in LC=92s WebVoyage

        =2A compilation of authority tools for media catalogers was announced on
PCCLIST=3B would a similar list for art catalogers be helpful?

N.B.  Our time slot this time around is Sunday from 4-5 p.m.  Since the next
principal activity is taking a bus to Carnegie Music Hall, I suggest you
arrive at CPDG dressed for the convocation and we can extend into commuting
time.

This agenda also appears at
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9783/arlisgen/cpdgag2000.html Some
reports from ALA meetings appears at
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9783/alagen.html

Submitted to ARLIS-L by Sherman Clarke - NYU - sherman.clarke=40nyu.edu