For anyone who may have wondered about the image on the promotional flier on
African-American Artists on Disc (G.K. Hall, 1999) (as I did), the image is =
very enlarge detail from Romare Bearden's Bopping at Birdland (a.k.a. =
Walking
Bass). Jazz Series. 1979. Lithograph. 11 1/4 x 16 1/3. Estate of Nanette =
Rohan
Bearden, New York. Gelburd (1992) Graphic Odyssey, p. 37.

I recently discovered a major omission in the date base. i'm very sorry that=
 the
technical explanation of what happened in word has disappeared from my =
e-mail
files. but i am eager to provide subscribers who have purchased =
African-American
Artists on Disc the complete file on Clarence Morgan. I have checked through=
 the
entire artist file for the problem my programmer described and I feel quite
certain that Morgan is the only artist who suffered from it. I am willing to
send the file to the ARLIS group as a whole or to send it on demand as ARLIS
librarians need it. I will let the higher ups decide.

I find your list very useful as a bibliographer but not a librarian and I am
happy to try to address any questions on African American art/artists. I am =
busy
building a new database for the next update of the disc so there will always=
 be
material not available on the disc.

Without the help of librarians, I could not do what I do. Lynn