------------------
Another reminder for those who are unfamiliar or unaware of the =
mentor/mentee
program. You can apply below and e-mail it to me or you can fill out the =
form
that is at the end of the preliminary conference brochure and send it to me.
Best,
Ursula

ARLIS 2000 MENTOR PROGRAM APPLICATION

Whether you are a seasoned ARLIS/NA conference veteran or a first (or =
second)
timer you                  have the opportunity to participate as a mentor =
or
=22mentee=22 in the Pittsburgh Conference                  Mentor Program. =
If you
are attending your first or second North American conference and
are just beginning to develop your ARLIS network, the Mentor Program =
provides
you with                  an experienced ARLIS/NA member to show you the =
ropes
and introduce you to your new                  colleagues.
ARLIS/NA veterans, this is a marvelous opportunity to have a real impact in =
the
Society at a
personal level. Those requesting mentors will be matched with those =
volunteering
to serve
as mentors by the Program Coordinator based on the information drawn from =
this
form. Both
mentors and their mentees will be notified before the conference.

Mentors are expected to make contact with their mentees prior to conference,
meet with their
mentee the first or second day at the conference, take time to have lunch or
coffee, discuss
the Society, give conference attending tips, and introduce your mentee to =
their
new
colleagues whenever possible during the conference.

Interested?
Please fill out and submit this pre-addressed email form.

Ursula Kolmstetter
Pittsburgh Mentor Program Coordinator
317-920-2662, ext. 225
FAX 317-926-8931
UKolmstetter=40ima-art.org

                  Your Name:
                  Title:
                  Institution:
                  Address:
                  Email:
                  Phone:
                  FAX:

                  I would like to serve as a mentor in Pittsburgh =
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F.
                  I speak the following languages:

                  I am new to ARLIS/NA and would like to have a mentor =
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F.
                  I would prefer to have a mentor who is fluent in:

                  Number of years in ARLIS/NA =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F.
                  Number of North American conferences attended =
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F.

                  Check as many interests as are applicable:
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F Academic
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F Administrator
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F Archives
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F Cataloger
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F Museum
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F Public
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F Reference/Public Service
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F VR Collection
                  =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F(Other - please indicate)

                  Indicate specific professional interests

                  Indicate specific art interests