I received an interesting reference question from a patron who wanted to
find distributors of art, in particular African-American art.  Her goal is
to sell such work over the Internet.  The only thing I can think of that's
remotely like what I *think* she has in mind is artists' representatives,
and I don't think any of them will be willing to share information very
freely.  Any ideas?  I've looked at the 2000 edition of the _Artist's &
Graphic Designer's Market_  (Writer's Digest Books) and the 1994 _Guide to
Literary Agents & Art/Photo Reps_  (Writer's Digest Books).  In the
1999/2000 ed. Of _American Art Directory_  is one association, the African
American Museums Association, that may be of help to her.  And volume 16, #2
of _The International Review of African American Art_  is a special issue on
collecting.  Any other ideas?  Thanks very much.

Sara J. MacDonald, Public Services Librarian
Albert M. Greenfield Library, The University of the Arts
320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia PA 19102  USA
Voice: 215-717-6282  Fax: 215-717-6287
e-mail: [log in to unmask]