     Dear all,

     I would like to set up our library menu so that users can access our
     CD's (located on our CD/rom server) from the menu.  From what I
     understand, there is a type of software that can "launch CDs from
     web-based applications" to enable a user to select a cd/rom from a
     web-based menu, just as they would select an internet site.  The name
     of a software that does this is called "slingshot" by
     Meridian/Quantum, unfortunately the company has stopped selling
     software.  Does anyone know of another software that performs this
     task?  (In other words, the user never needs to see the desktop with
     icons, they make all their selections through the menu.)

     Thank you,

     Greta Earnest
     The Bard Graduate Center
     18 West 86th Street