Dear generous art and architecture librarian friends,

A patron from out-state is seeking an article from
Architectural Digest in 1938, but does not know the
issue or pages.  We could not locate a reference to
the subject in indexes.  She seemed so desperate for it that
I offered to browse the 1938 issues, but to my surprise
I found that we do not own A.D. for the thirties.
Remembering that this week is Random Act of Kindness Week
(really), I thought I would ask for your help.

The purported article is about a home
designed & built by architect Arthur Kriehm in
1937 at 5435 Pawnee, Fairway, Kansas (Johnson County).
Supposedly it won a "Gold Medal Award".

I believe that A.D. was quarterly at that time, so only
four issues would have to be browsed.  So, if anyone has
a few free minutes in the next few days, I would be
very grateful.  Once we have a citation, the patron
should be able to use ILL to get a copy.

Many thanks in advance,

Suzy Frechette
St. Louis Public Library