> Date:          Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:56:57 EST
> From:          "Starr, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:       Re: exhibiting classes of persons
> To:            [log in to unmask]

  "Starr, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]>

> Afro-American artists-Exhibitions
>
> But then why do we need a separate heading for Afro-American art at all?

    ^  "Starr, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]> ^

Because not all African American Artists produce works of art that
are inherently Afro-American in theme or concept.  And I am sure that
there are some non Afro Americans who utilize themes and media
that reflect the African experience in America.   But then, I am not
sure of the level of analysis most Art l;librarians perform n the
works they are cataloguing.

Respectfully,
William Keaveney