-----Original Message-----
From: Agnes H. Widder [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 10:56 AM

Would you be able to post this call for papers on the ARLIS e list?  I
think it may interest some of your members.  I would also like to see it
distributed more widely to any other art history related e lists whose
members research topics in 18th-century art.  I have sent this to the
Historians of British Art, for example.  Thank you.

MWASECS 2000
31ST ANNUAL MEETING
NOV. 3,4,5, 2000  EAST LANSING, MICH.
HOSTED BY MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY

FORMATION OF IDENTITY AND TASTE IN THE EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY WORLD

MWASECS, the Midwest American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies,
invites proposals for papers and panels for its 31st annual conference,
to be held at the Kellogg Center, Michigan State University on Nov. 3,4
and 5, 2000.  We particularly encourage presentation of scholarly work
on the FORMATION OF IDENTITY AND TASTE IN THE EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY WORLD
at this conference.  We also welcome submission of all scholarly work on
the period 1660-1830, about all countries, and from scholars in all
disciplines, in order to bring each other up to date on current work on
the 18th century, and to provide a well-rounded forum for comments to
all presenters.

Plenary speakers:

Professor Daniel Richter, History Dept., University of Pennsylvania
Professor Donna Landry, English Dept., Wayne State University
Professor Richard Stockton Rand, Theatre Division, Purdue University

Concurrent event on campus:  Mapping Great Lakes Identity: Past,
Present, and Future

Deadline for submission of abstracts:  April 15, 2000

Address submissions and questions to the Conference Coordinator:

Agnes Haigh Widder
Michigan State University
100 Library WG 1 F
East Lansing, Mich.  48824-1048