----------------------------Original message---------------------------- ------------------ Dear Colleagues, The ARLIS/NA Collection Development Committee is sponsoring a session and a workshop at the Pittsburgh Conference. We would like to draw your attention to these sessions and encourage you to attend one or both of them. We are offering a workshop on collection development on Saturday morning, March 18 from 9:00 am to 12 pm. The purpose of the workshop is to provide a forum for continuing education for both new and experienced librarians. The workshop will cover collection development responsibilities, resources and collection evaluation. A team of knowledgeable and experienced collection development librarians will lead the workshop. The AskARLIS session is =93Creative Multiples: Artists Books as Teaching Tools=94, sponsored by the Collection Development Committee and the Art =26 Design School Library Division and will be held on Monday, March 20, 9:15 =9610:45 am. The session will present three librarians from art and design libraries that use artists=92 books as an active part of their teaching responsibilities. Short presentations by the speakers will be followed by discussion. The Collection Development Committee welcomes new members to help develop projects as well as conference sessions=3B please contact me at the address listed below. We look forward to seeing you all in Pittsburgh=21 -- Ann Whiteside Visual Resources Librarian Harvard Graduate School of Design awhiteside=40gsd.harvard.edu __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner at: [log in to unmask]