------------------
The librarians in the Fine Arts/AV Division of the Beverly Hills Public =
Library
have been discussing using a scanner to scan images rather than using our =
color
copier.  Our color copier is out of commission at least once a week and =
patrons
are getting upset.

We were wondering if any other library offers a scanner to their patrons.  =
If
you do, what kind of scanner and software program?  Do you charge the patron=
 and
how much?  How much of your time is spent helping the patron with scanning?
And any other problems that have arisen from offering this service.

I would appreciate your answering me off the list-serve.

Lindy J. Narver
Librarian
Beverly Hills Public Library
444 N. Rexford Dr.