ARLIS/NA Members,

I am pleased to announce and congratulate the following successful
candidates in our recent ARLIS/NA election:

Leslie Abrams, West Regional Representative
Carole Goldsmith, Canadian Representative
Ted Goodman, Vice-President/President-Elect
Trudy Jacoby, Treasurer

Thanks to all of the candidates who ran this year, including Jonathan
Franklin, Elizabeth Ginno, Gregory Most and Cheryl Siegel.  We were
fortunate to have such an excellent slate of candidates willing to run.

The incoming Board Members will assume office at the Membership Meeting on
March 20, 2000, 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.  I invite all Annual Conference
attendees to this event.

It's not too early to remind everyone that the 2000 Nominating Committee
will be meeting at the Pittsburgh Conference to begin organizing a slate
for the positions of Vice-President/President-Elect, Secretary, Midwest
Regional Representative, Northeast Regional Representative, and South
Regional Representative.  Marilyn Berger will chair the Nominating
Committee.  If you are interested in one of the above positions I would
encourage you to read the position descriptions found in the Policy Manual,
C-11 on the ARLIS/NA Web Site and feel free to speak with current members
of the Executive Board.  Nominations are welcomed as well.  I can attest
that being on the Board has been one of the most gratifying experiences of
my career!

Kathryn Wayne
President