The Visual Resources Division of the Art Libraries Society of North
America would like to extend an invitation to members of the recently
dissolved Film and Video Round Table to join their fellow image colleagues
in the VRD.

As the use of images for teaching and research evolves, so does the
profession.  The visual resources  curator, once primarily concerned with
photographs and slides, now regularly encounters other alternative image
forms in their collections and must address issues relating to storage,
preservation, and access to these media.

The VRD business meeting will be held on Sunday, March 19th at 9:00
am at the Society's annual conference. At the meeting we will discuss
plans for future conference sessions. Future plans will now include
the issues of moving images in visual collections as well as new
training needed by  the VR professional. The VRD has sponsored
several conference sessions this year that should hold particular interest
for FVRT and the membership in general.

The affinities between the Visual Resources Division and the Film and
Video Round Table are many and we hope that the members of the FVRT
will find a welcome home within the VRD.

Marty Stein,  VRD Moderator
Image Librarian
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston

Gregory Most, Vice Moderator/Moderator-elect
Chief Slide Librarian
National Gallery of Art