 We have used several printers over the years and I have found HP (Hewlett
Parkard) to be the best, they stand up to a lot of use and they are easy to
set up. They aren't cheap, especially a colour laser printer, but they
produce a good quality colour print. We use one in our Photo Dept. If you
plan to use it on a network you should get a printer that will support
networks. If you plan doing a lot of printing, look at something with 300
or so pages per paper tray.
Good luck
Kate Clark
At 10:15 AM 18/01/2000 EST, you wrote:
>We have been charged to buy a color printer for our customers who would
like to
>print images.  It has been suggested that a laser printer would serve us
better
>than an ink jet.  As a public library we expect the printer to get some heavy
>use.  We'd like to purchase one immediately.
>
>Question:  Have any of you purchased a color printer for your
>patrons'/customers' use?   Do you have any recommendations pro or con on your
>experience with your printer(s)?
>
>Your replies will be invaluable!  Thanks in advance.
>

>Heather Brodhead
>Staff Librarian, Music & Art Department
>Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
>4400 Forbes Avenue
>Pittsburgh, PA  15213
>
>telephone: (412)622-3105, or 622-3109

   ___K. CLARKE__
NOVA SCOTIA COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN LIBRARY
5163 Duke St. Halifax, N.S. CANADA, B3J 3J6
Tel: 902-494-8202   Fax: 902-425-2420
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]